Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh. My. God. Part 2


Okay, so we've had date two. He cooked me dinner. We watched a rerun of Pretty Woman on tbs (a good thing... all those commercial breaks, doncha know). We cuddled. We smooched. We talked. We dreamed. His dogs seem to like to me. His real name is Michael Joseph, but because there are so many Michaels where he works, he chose to go by Joseph, and everyone now just calls him Joey. But he wanted me to be different. He asked me to call him Michael. That will take some getting used to. I mean, I already programmed "Joey" into my cell phone. But Michael will do just fine.


More about him... he is a clinical psychologist. His mother is Cuban-Italian and his father was from Spain. He is 5'6, 145 pounds, with short dark hair and a perpetual three-day facial hair scruffy stubble that is irresistable. He wears cute little glasses most of the time. And dimples like you wouldn't believe.


We both seem to be on the same page. That is, enamored of one another. Seriously, is it too soon to think I'm in love? Is it just infatuation? He's all I think about. I can hardly sleep. Or eat. Or concentrate. It just feels like the "ONE." And we've talked about it, and he feels the same way.


Mmmmmmmm.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, now when we talk we're going to have to say "my Michael" or "your Michael"! I would have screamed out loud if their middle names were the same!

Doug said...

Hee hee, snort! I thought that same thing when he said "Michael." But better than my ex and I both having a Joe or Joey.

Anonymous said...

Oh god...that completely slipped my mind! yikes!

Anonymous said...

sounds like the butterfly flu to me! so sweet.

Mark in DE said...

Well, two dates is probably a little early to think you're in love, but its certainly not an impossibility - especially if you believe in 'love at first sight'.

He sounds positively adorable! Don't you just love this point in a relationship where you can't seem to do ANYTHING without thinking of him?

Sigh...

Mark :-)

Doug said...

Mark and Shirley:
Thanks for reminding me to keep it in perspective. I'm just so glad we're waiting a long time to have sex (or, as he prefers to call it, "making love"-- sex sounds so animalistic).

Take it slow, breathe, relax, and enjoy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails